Fitness and Skill Grading Chart
There are two separate elements to the grading system, fitness and skill. Let us know the level you think you are and we will arrange a trail to suit your ability.
- Level 1: Occasionally cycles at a leisurely pace for 1-2 hours and prefers flat trails with little climbing.
- Level 2: Cycles more two or more times per week for 2-3 hours and likes rolling trails with some climbs.
- Level 3: Cycles more than three times per week at a quick pace for 4 hours plus and is capable of riding demanding climbs.
- Level 4: Fitness fanatic or racer who loves climbing all day on any terrain.
- Level A: Can cycle a bike but only on smooth paved ground and likes to remain seated at all times.
- Level B: Can cycle on loose gravel off road trails typically at trail centres but strays away from any demanding terrain such as rocks and roots.
- Level C: Can cycle on technical off road trails with rocks, roots, steep descents and small drops (less than 2ft) with control and consistency.
- Level D: Comfortable on extremely technical trails.